Fast-action permanent Cascade™ repair clamps eliminate the need for costly temporary pipe replacement and repairs. Simply open the clamp, wrap it around the leak, engage locking washer plate and tighten for the perfect fit.
All gaskets fitted to Cascade’s permanent repair clamps are custom sized to fit the specific ranges of pipe diameters, eliminating the need for joining gaskets. Produced in a gridded design with tapered ends to ensure optimum sealing efficiency, all gaskets have armour plates that are vulcanised into the rubber at the moulding stage – they fit perfectly and cannot be dislodged.
To ensure the continued adherence to the high standards that the company has attained, our management and staff are committed to maintaining our performance goals, which are: –
- Accessibility: Cascade consistently holds substantial stocks of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods
- Turnaround time: Our goal is to punctually despatch orders on the day they are received for Stock items
- Customised requirements: Lead times are based on personal requirements
- Quality Standards: As an ISO 9001:2015 accredited company, Cascade is totally committed to quality.
The Top management of Cascade Sales and Distribution Pty Ltd, shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to customer focus by ensuring that we and our employees commit ourselves.
We aim to be the most, cost-effective manufacturer of Stainless-Steel Repair Clamps for water pipes, at the highest possible quality, in the safest possible manner. We aim to do the above at the highest possible service delivery level to our customers. To regard our customers, suppliers, and employees as partners in our business. To ensure long-term relationships through cooperation, constructive interaction, transparency, integrity, and mutual respect among all parties.
To comply with the requirements of the latest ISO 9001 International Standard and Occupational Health and Safety regulations and any other applicable standards, statutory or regulatory requirements.
To continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality Management System through objectives, targets, and action plans
The grade of stainless steel used is Type 304 or Type 316 (by request).
Fully passivated after welding, to restore the original passive state of the stainless steel. (Specifications are subject to change without notice).
LOCKING WASHER PLATE: Locks into position for easy tightening of nuts.
LUGS: MIG-welded to receiver bar and fully passivated after welding. Leading edge is rounded to prevent them from catching bolt bars during installation.
SHELL: 2B finish.
BOLTS: Thread-rolled for strength and coated to prevent galling. Cascade bolts are MIG-welded to the receiver bar and fully passivated after welding.
NUTS: Type 304 or Type 316 stainless steel.
RECEIVER BARS: TIG-welded to shell to form a strong fusion, and fully passivated after welding.
GASKET: Natural rubber specially formulated for water service have antioxidant/antiozonant agents to increase shelf life. All gaskets have a gridded design, tapered ends and vulcanized armour plates for easy installation and optimum sealing efficiency. Nitrile rubber available on request.
ARMOUR: Heavy gauge stainless steel vulcanized into the gasket at the time of moulding, to ensure:
- that it fits permanently
- that it fits perfectly
- that it provides a smooth transition from rubber to metal
CASCADES’ ARMOUR PLATES ARE VULCANISED – THEY CAN NEVER FALL OUT
THE ARMOUR PLATE INSERTED INTO THE GASKET IS A CRUCIAL ELEMENT IN THE PERFORMANCE OF A REPAIR CLAMP, AS IT PROVIDES THE FULL CIRCUMFERENCE SEALING CAPABILITY OF THE REPAIR CLAMP. AS SUCH, IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT ARMOUR PLATES:
- Be permanently fitted – to prevent being dislodged or falling out at any stage
- Be perfectly sized – to avoid having gaps between the armour and the rubber at either or both ends of the armour plate
- Provide a smooth transition from rubber to metal – so that the thickness of the sealing area at both ends of the armour plate conforms to the thickness of the rubber
Problems encountered with glued armours
When an armour plate is glued either into or onto the gasket it can fall out or be dislodged, and the full circumference sealing capability of the clamp will be lost.
When an armour plate is glued into the gasket, it may not fit properly, leaving gaps or crevices at one or both ends that can cause low-pressure points (See Figure 1). Under pressure these low-pressure points “sink” to fill the gaps shown in the schematic diagram, leaving a potential leak path between the pipe and gasket.
CASCADES’ PERMANENT SOLUTION
Recognising the armour plate’s crucial role, Cascade only fits gaskets where the armour plate has been vulcanised into the rubber at the time of moulding. This ensures:
- that the armour plate in a Cascade repair clamp can never fall out – it is permanently fitted every time
- that there are no gaps or crevices at either end of the armour plate – it fits perfectly every time
- that the thickness of the sealing area at both ends of the armour plate conforms to the thickness of the rubber – a smooth transition from rubber to metal every time
- Recommended pressure ratings:
(a) Clamps to suit pipes up to 300mm nominal size – 1.6 MPA
(b) Clamps to suit pipes above 300mm – 450mm nominal size -1.2 MPA
- The amount of pressure that a full circle repair clamp will contain is proportionate to the diameter of the pipe being repaired and the amount of torque applied to the bolts. Smaller diameter repair clamps will contain more pressure than larger diameter repair clamps. Cleaning and lubricating bolt threads will reduce friction and permit greater torque
- The pressure containing capability of a repair clamp is influenced by the pipe size, the type and extent of damage to the pipe, environment and service conditions and installation workmanship.
- Recommended Clamp lengths:
The general recommendation is that the clamp length should be twice the pipe diameter. The clamp length should not be less than the diameter of the pipe.
(a) In the case of longitudinal damage, we recommend a clamp length equal to 4 times the length of the damage section of the pipe.
(b) Where a large section of the pipe wall is broken away, a section of thin gauge sheet metal should be placed over the opening to provide a sealing surface for the gasket.
- Stainless Steel Repair Clamps do not restrain axial pipe movement.
- Suitable anchorage must be provided where pipe movement may occur.
- To Determine the Outer diameter from the circumference
- Circumference X 7 divided by 22 = Outer diameter
- To determine the Circumference from the outer diameter
- Outer diameter X 22 divided by 7 = Circumference